tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Re: "remember me" authentication?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:27:28 GMT
If the app maintains sessions, then the logon page can read the
cookie, install some sort of User bean as a session attribute,
and then all other pages need only check for the presence of a non-
null value under that attribute.  This even works for a
logon-optional/remember-me (low security) setting where users can
remain anonymous, but registering and logging in
provides additional services.

Ken Bowen