tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:11:05 GMT
Problem solved!

I needed to include the IP address (server.xml) to connect to my address instead of the shared
box. I checked different places for install information and that wasn't shown anyhere.

<Connector address="91.203.57.197" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" />

<Server address="91.203.57.197" port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

Thanks for all the help!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: michel
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:45 AM
  Subject: Fw: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work

  Much thanks to all and I got it working, but only on port 8090 so the URL has to include
:8090. I am wondering if there isn't a start-up bug, because when I try some commands with
all the servers stopped I get:

  telnet localhost 8080 - Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
  telnet 91.203.57.197 8080 - Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
  netstat -arn | grep 8080 - returns nothing

  So it seems that there is nothing using port 8080.

  If I start the Tomcat version that the hosting company provides I will get
  telnet 91.203.57.197 8080 - Connected to 91.203.57.197.

  I can also start apache HTTP on port 8080, but never the standard Tomcat 6: it only uses
port 8090..

  Thanks all!