tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Fw: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:45:21 GMT
Much thanks to all and I got it working, but only on port 8090 so the URL has to include :8090.
I am wondering if there isn't a start-up bug, because when I try some commands with all the
servers stopped I get:

telnet localhost 8080 - Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
telnet 91.203.57.197 8080 - Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
netstat -arn | grep 8080 - returns nothing

So it seems that there is nothing using port 8080.

If I start the Tomcat version that the hosting company provides I will get
telnet 91.203.57.197 8080 - Connected to 91.203.57.197.

I can also start apache HTTP on port 8080, but never the standard Tomcat 6: it only uses port
8090..

Thanks all!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Martin Gainty
  To: Michelle Collins
  Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 9:48 PM
  Subject: RE: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work

  originally Tomcat was designed to use Apache HTTP Server as the initial HTTP WebServer for
serving static pages on Port 80
  any requests for jsp or servlet were/are sent to mod_jk which hands the request to Tomcat
(non SSL Connector listens on Port 8080)

  Martin
  Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.