tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Medina" <jmed...@e-dialog.com>
Subject FW: Clustering: Session replication
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:57:52 GMT

According to the Javadoc, InetAddress.getLocalHost() returns the
loopback address.
So...how do I control the broadcasting address ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jorge Medina
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:38 PM
To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org'
Subject: Clustering: Session replication

Hi,
    I am trying to configure session replication using the <Cluster>
object.
    The documentation says:
       "The IP broadcasted is
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
        (make sure you don't broadcast 127.0.0.1, this is a common
error)"

    I just wrote a small java program to see what my system return for
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
    It returns 127.0.0.1

    Is this something that needs to be changed by modifying the network
configuration of the box?

-Jorge