tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Isaac Oren <isaaco...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:45:35 GMT

Chuck thanks..

I did multiple trials running drools RBMS directly under Tomcat 5.5 but couldn't make happen,
at last I downloaded the standalone JBOSS + drools-guvnor. This works fine. But when I take
the same drools-guvnor war file and place in the webapps of Tomact - Tomcat refuses to deply the application
(although the directory is expended fine). I did copy 3 update jsf jar files to the Tomcat
lib as directed. Log files are attached. Thanks, Isaac.

--- On Sat, 2/21/09, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

From: Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
Subject: RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 7:37 AM

> From: Isaac Oren [mailto:isaacoren@yahoo.com]
> Subject: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
>
> I have downloaded a WAR file into a Vista machine, but the OS
> can't open the file as it does with normal ZIPed files

Use WinZip or the jar utility from the JDK if you want to look inside the .war
file.

> placing the WAR file as is in the webapp directory and try to
> access it doesn't work..

There's no error message in Tomcat that says "doesn't work";
if you really want help, be specific about the errors you're seeing.

> is there something I need to do for special for Vista 9Tomca 5.5)

Proofread before hitting the send button?

No, Tomcat 5.5 and 6.0 work fine on Vista.  What JRE/JDK do you have installed?
 What's in the Tomcat logs?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.