tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sneha Manohar <sneha_hams...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: deploying web application on remote server
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:26:25 GMT
Hi ,
Thanks for your reply ,  remote server is on ubuntu Operating system .
Version of tomcat - 6
Version of java - jdk1.6.

I  try to load driver ""com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" , I have put "mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin"
in WEB-INF /lib folder , I get class not found exception error .

I wish to know how tomcat locate libraries . Do I need to add anything in the path .
It works on local ,I use net beans , I add the libraries  by clicking 'Add library'->
Global library ->mysql driver. How do I achieve this on remote server .

sneha

--- On Thu, 12/2/09, Pid <p@pidster.com> wrote:

From: Pid <p@pidster.com>
Subject: Re: deploying web application on remote server
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, 12 February, 2009, 11:57 PM

Sneha Manohar wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have developed web application using netbeans , I wish to deploy on
remote server .
> I have placed files under / webapps  directory of remote server. Tomcat is
unable to locate libraries .  how do I make tomcat locate libraries which are
under WEB-INF/lib folder

> sneha
>

>       Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger
at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/

to the tune of "Humpty Dumpty"

The Original Poster sent an email
The Original Poster had a vague FAIL
All the list members and all of the devs
Couldn't put Tomcat together again.

because you didn't tell us what operating system you're using, what
version of tomcat, java etc, or what your log error messages said.

?