tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noam Aigerman" <>
Subject RE: Problem with sessions on a fedora 10 machine
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:22:54 GMT
Hi Chris,
I managed to isolate the issue - you were close with your last guess :) - in proxy_ajp.conf
I mapped my webapp by doing:
ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/Noam
So whoever comes to my site can go to and not
I am guessing the cookies are set to a wrong domain. What should I do? And is this kind of
mapping the wrong way to do it in the first place?
Thanks, Noam

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz []
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:01 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with sessions on a fedora 10 machine

On 2/24/2009 2:06 PM, Noam Aigerman wrote:
> I've been working with apache tomcat under windows for a few months now.
> I've just setup a new fedora server, and deployed a .war file to it's
> webapps directory.
> Everything is running fine on the fedora machine, except that the
> session doesn't seem to "stick".
> doing something like the code below in my Servlet:
> String check=session.getAttribute("check");
> System.out.println("this is what I got: "+ check);
> session.setAttribute("check","one");

How do you acquire the session object in the first place?

Are you using cookies or URL rewriting? Have you done an HTTP capture
using LiveHttpHeaders (or similar) or a TCP dump using Wireshark (or

I wonder if the cookie is being set to a domain like but
your are using 'localhost' to access the webapp. This will cause your
browser to fail to send cookies back to the server on subsequent requests.

- -chris

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: