tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noam Aigerman" <>
Subject Problem with sessions on a fedora 10 machine
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:06:41 GMT

I've been working with apache tomcat under windows for a few months now.
I've just setup a new fedora server, and deployed a .war file to it's
webapps directory.
Everything is running fine on the fedora machine, except that the
session doesn't seem to "stick".
doing something like the code below in my Servlet:

String check=session.getAttribute("check");

System.out.println("this is what I got: "+ check);

And then going to that servlet's page and refreshing or navigating back
and forth form it create the following output in catalina.out:

this is what I got: null

this is what I got: null

this is what I got: null

this is what I got: null

checking the tomcat & catalina logs, there are no errors present...
web.xml has a timeout of 30...
Under MS it all works great...

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Noma