tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Pawson <dave.paw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat only query localhost database
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:32:38 GMT
2009/2/3 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)
>> [mailto:mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr]
>> Subject: Re: tomcat only query localhost database
>>
>> /etc/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost/webappName.xml
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <Context path="/norpassWeb"
>>                  reloadable="true"
>>                  docBase="norpassWeb" >
>
> Note that the path attribute is not allowed in a <Context> element placed in META-INF/context.xml
or in Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml; at best you will get double deployment, at worst your
webapp won't function at all.  The name of the .xml file is used as the path.

> Also, for webapps deployed under the <Host> appBase directory, which this appears
to be, the docBase attribute is not allowed.

What are(or where can I find them) the rules on loading an app into
localhost | webapps or ROOT?

the O'Reilly Tomcat book talks about using localhost where in 5.x I
used to use webapps directory.

TIA

--
Dave Pawson