tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Pawson <dave.paw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsvc problem with PID
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:43:41 GMT
2009/2/1 Qiao Jin <brae39@gmail.com>:
> Could it be that you are running the start-up script (the one using jsvc) as a normal
user and thus does not have the permission to write to /var/run? In my system, CentOS 5, /var/run
can only be written by root. I run my jsvc script as root and use the "-user" option to switch
to a normal user after binding to port 80.

That makes sense, thanks.
So root runs the script, but the user 'used' as the parameter is a normal user.

I'll try that.

ps.

I tried the Fedora install (instead of the Main Tomcat one).
It's horribly complex. Installs all over the machine,
Is missing the manager app and the docs.
Yuk.

regards

--
Dave Pawson