tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuval Perlov <>
Subject Re: Getting the tomcat server IP
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:54:17 GMT

You can only get your actual IP after opening a connection. Of course
it can change depending on where the connection is coming from.

Alternatively you can open a connection to a known public server, and
figure out your IP using the resulting socket. If you are going
through a NAT this might not be your actual IP but the IP on your side
of the NAT.

Yuval Perov

On Feb 20, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Natalie Forood wrote:

> Hello,
> Can you tell me how I can get the IP address of the interface that
> is running Tomcat?  I can't use localhost, I need the IP of the
> physical interface.
> Thanks,
> Natalie

To unsubscribe, e-mail: