tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuval Perlov <yu...@r-u-on.com>
Subject Re: Getting the tomcat server IP
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:54:17 GMT
request.getRemoteAddr();

You can only get your actual IP after opening a connection. Of course
it can change depending on where the connection is coming from.

Alternatively you can open a connection to a known public server, and
figure out your IP using the resulting socket. If you are going
through a NAT this might not be your actual IP but the IP on your side
of the NAT.

Yuval Perov