tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Tomcat as service on Windows Server 2003
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:55:18 GMT
> From: monesseldeur [mailto:raymondesseldeur@gmail.com]
> I made a small Java web-application which prints pdf-files -
> on-demand - on the server.
[...]
> When I start the server with the startup.bat, I have no
> problem at all. But unfortunately, that's no option.

Services can't interact with the desktop by default.  Andre's already helped you with this
one.

As I recall, Windows services don't load the user's profile when they start.  In particular,
they don't load the part that is aware of mapped printers for that user.  So you'll have to
set up the printers in the batch file.

Is startup.bat starting to look attractive yet? :-)

                - Peter