tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to create new native thread
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:13:36 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> using XMing as the X11 server (client?, I can never remember..).

Yeah, X's terminology is very counter-intuitive - I get comments of "you're kidding" every
time I teach it.  An X server serves out the keyboard, mouse and display.  X11 clients connect
to the X11 display server in order to display their output and get their input.

All of which means that you often use an X server running on your workstation or "thin client"
to connect to X client programs running on your application/web/... server.

                - Peter