tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to create new native thread
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:42:15 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
> > What about forwarding X through the tunnel instead?
> >
> You can't, because it is variable. It is the result of some internal
> "negotiation" between Jconsole and the remote JVM.
> Apparently, anyway. I haven't managed to make it work so far.

To expand Chris' suggestion: What about forwarding the X11 protocol through the tunnel instead,
such that you can run Jconsole on the same machine as the JVM?  X11 has a fixed port number,
and ssh has support for this.  I've used this trick when needing to do something graphical
on a box with ssh-only access; works a treat.

                - Peter