tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jaakko Taipale" <jaakko.taip...@dbmanager.fi>
Subject VS: Tomcat configuration with multiple services
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 07:50:28 GMT
If I put two connectors under the same service like this:

  <Service name="Public">

   <Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

	<Connector
	port="443" minSpareThreads="5" maxSpareThreads="75"
	enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
	acceptCount="100"  maxThreads="200"
	scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
	keystoreFile="/path/somekeystore" keystorePass="*********"
	clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

   <Engine name="Public" defaultHost="mydomain.com">

 	<Host name="mydomain.com" appBase="httpapps"
       	unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
	</Host>

	 <Host name="hastobehttps.mydomain.com" appBase="httpsapps"
       	unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
	</Host>

   </Engine>
  </Service>

How can I force that users use https(or prevent http) when they access to
hastobehttps.mydomain.com? I know I can make eg. httpsapps/ROOT/index.html
for redirecting user always to https://hastobehttps.mydomain.com/myapp but
then I have to define "myapp" directory in url and still it is possible to
access my application via http(http://hastobehttps.mydomain.com/myapp).
That's why I have defined two different services. (The previous
configuration is working fine, but sometimes I have to restart tomcat twice
to get it running)

--
Jaakko