tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sameer Acharya <>
Subject Re: Able to access URL without port
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:40:05 GMT
By default browsers route all http requests to port 80, so if you have Apache http in front
of TC then this will be true.

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, <> wrote:
From: <>
Subject: Able to access URL without port
Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 2:27 PM

I had a doubt of something I had heard with regard to the access of URL
possible without port number if apache is used in the environment. We have
our application running with JBOSS as the AS and tomcat as the web server.
My question is that is the URL,

assuming tomcat is running on port 10080 can be accessed like

without the port number if apache is also installed.

I hope, my question is clear.

Please, help in solving the doubt.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: