tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John.C.Cartwri...@noaa.gov
Subject strange problem w/ connection pool and Oracle
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:41:50 GMT
Hello All,

I'm having a rather strange problem using Oracle-specific types obtained
from a connection pool defined my my context.xml.  I'm reading the
ResultSet w/ getObject, but then when I try to cast the Object to the
correct type, I see:

Cause: java.lang.ClassCastException: oracle.sql.STRUCT cannot be cast to
oracle.sql.STRUCT

Strangely, using a DataSource configured via Spring works fine.  I've
listed the snippet from my context.xml defining the pool that doesn't
work and the one for my Spring DataSource that does.

Can someone please help me understand what's going on here?

Thanks!

--john

context.xml:
<Resource name="jdbc/DEVEL"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          auth="Container"
          username="username"
          password="password"
          driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
          url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhostname:1521:DB"
          maxActive="8"
          maxIdle="4"/>

applicationContext.xml:

    <bean id="dataSource"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
      <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>
      <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhostname:1521:DB"/>
      <property name="username" value="username"/>
      <property name="password" value="password"/>
   </bean>