tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:20:41 GMT
It looks like I have it set up when I run it with the following script:

    export JAVA_HOME=/home/qsys/jdk1.6.0_12
    /home/qsys/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/bin/startup.sh
    ps

and I get the following

    Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/qsys/apache-tomcat-6.018
    Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/qsys/apache-tomcat-6.018
    Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/qsys/apache-tomcat-6.018/temp
    Using JRE_HOME: /home/qsys/jdk1.6.0_12

and I also get the following from the ps command that is in the script
    PID       TTY      TIME    CMD
    15057  pts/4     00:00:00   java

After the script is finished I type in ps again and there is no java process
and I can't reach the http://qsys.arachsys.com/

I have been looking at dfifferent web pages to figure out how to set it up
and I'm not convinced I have it right, but I can't figure out where I have
it wrong.