tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat restart remotely
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:28:22 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Laura Bartolomé [mailto:laura@secways.com]
>> Subject: Re: tomcat restart remotely
>>
>> My problem was I haven't thought before! :)
>> I'm going to test it right now

As far as I know, given the appropriate permissions for the account you
use to do this, you can also access the "services applet" of another
Windows machine remotely.  You do not need SSH or Remote Desktop or any
external utility for that.
If you right-click on the "My Computer" icon of any Windows pc in your
network, and choose "action" in the top menu, the first item is "connect
to another computer".  You can then manage this other computer (if your
account has these permissions, and only then), and turn services on/off
on that other computer, including Tomcat.