tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <>
Subject Re: not using the port number in the address???
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:54:43 GMT
David Smith wrote:
> Since you haven't let us know anything about your server setup, we can
> only suggest very general things.  Port 80 is the well known port for
> HTTP protocol and the one your browser assumes when you don't type it in
> the address bar.

By the way, someone playing with Tomcat should know that... that's the
Dont misunderstand me, I dont say he's dumb: I just wonder how could
someone be in that situation (messing with web server setup and not
knowing such basical theory).

Chef de projet chez Vectoris
System: xUbuntu 8.10 with almost all from package install

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message