tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Hokin <...@ims.net>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request after restart
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:44:40 GMT
János Löbb wrote:

> How about just using tcpdump during the long delay and see what the
> machine is doing network wise ?

I have, and network timeout was suggested earlier on this thread.  There is no TCP activity
of particular interest
during the delay.  I've hunted for, and not seen, anything to do with the network during the
stall.  And IPv6 is turned
off, by the way.  I can't rule out a network cause, but I've seen nothing with tcpdump or
netstat associated with the
delay to date.  And I can't muck with the network much since it's at a remote data center.
 I can drive out there late
at night to take it offline, for example, but I'd need a quick test plan for that to minimize
the downtime.  (I have
gone out there to test memory and disk, both tested fine.)