tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <>
Subject Re: Fwd: J2EE on Mac
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:16:11 GMT
Mighty Tornado wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Tomcat on my mac OS X and it's running. I also have Eclipse
> Europa. Now I don't think I have J2EE installed - How do I do it?
> I went to Sun's website and it gave me an archive with GlassFish which I
> don't need.
> Can somebody please tell me where I can download the latest J2EE for Mac?
> What I need to do to compile servlets with it in Eclipse?
> Thank you.
> !DSPAM:49a24c91167621527717022!
Dear Mighty,

Re-reading your email again, you say that you installed Europa. AFAIK
Europa comes with WTP installed. All you need to do is to download a
tomcat release, configure that as a Server and then create a Dynamic Web
Project. See the tutorials in the eclipse help. Works for Mac, PC,
Linux, Solaris.

Alan Chaney

( a long time eclipse user with a major love-hate relationship with eclipse)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message