tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request after restart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:35:27 GMT
Sam Hokin wrote:
> I'd like to correct an error I made in my earlier report of this
> problem.  It turns out that the response delay in my simple test JSP IS
> during compilation!  I ran stat on the files in question, as well as
> looked at the time shown on the response page (which is all the test JSP
> does).  (I think I got confused by the output of the -verbose:class JVM
> option earlier.)

Restarting from the point above..
Leaving the current test jsp page in place, but taking a copy of it
under another name, does the symptom then also show up on the copy ?
The same with the whole webapp, copied under another name.
I am saying "copy", not "move/rename", so as to really use another disk
area.

Separate question : does this Tomcat, contrary to the others, have the
SecurityManager on ? or vice-versa ?