tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request after restart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:23:48 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> Sam and David,
> On 2/20/2009 1:36 PM, David Smith wrote:
>> Sam Hokin wrote:
>>> It's a logical RAID array on four physical disks.  I've
>>> run fsck on it (when this all first happened) and it's fine.
>> It _could_ be a disk issue.  I've seen disks that scan fine contain a
>> growing number of blocks causing read errors and continuous retries.
> Yeah, you gotta run badblocks on it. fsck just checks the filesystem
> integrity, not the physical disk.
If there are problems with the disks themselves, the Raid controller
should have a utility program allowing to inspect such, no ?
If they are hot-swap, you could also try to remove one of them and
insert a new one, let him rebuild it and try again.  It will take a
while to go through all 4 of them this way, but should not interrupt

It would be quite a pity if this turned out to be a mere disk problem
though.  Much less interesting than the current intellectual pursuit.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message