tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Hokin <...@ims.net>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request after restart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:44:43 GMT
An update.  I've written a simple standalone Java routine that calls File.exists().  It never
hangs.  In fact, I ran it
against the class file that Tomcat creates from a test JSP; it doesn't hang, returns false
for the (long) time it takes
Tomcat to create the class file on the slow system, then returns true after the class file
is created (and the HTTP
response is sent).  I ran my routine as the tomcat user.

Since compilation seems to be the issue, I tried replacing Jasper JDT (by removing jasper-jdt.jar
from /lib) with Ant
(by placing ant.jar in /lib) and restarting Tomcat.  This did not improve my problem.  JSPs
still compile slowly with
Ant instead of JDT on the slow machine (and fast on the other machines).  I've reverted back
to JDT.