tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Hokin <...@ims.net>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request afterrestart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:05:05 GMT
Actually, /usr/local/tomcat is a symlink to /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.18.  But that's a
pretty important symlink for
me, to make it easy to change Tomcat versions.  But I'll investigate that.  That's the only
symlink involved that I can
think of.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Sam Hokin [mailto:sam@ims.net]
>> Subject: Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet
>> request afterrestart
>>
>> I'm going to play with File.exists() in this and the other
>> servers to see if there is some generic problem with file
>> access on the slow server.
>
> Make sure to try both in and outside of Tomcat's work directory and the webapp's directory
underneath it.  Might be something odd going on with that specific path.  (No symlinks involved,
I hope.)