tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request afterrestart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:10:18 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
>> Subject: Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet
>> request afterrestart
>>
>> Is this machine running next to any equipment that
>> generates a lot of stray alpha particles? :)
>
> Nearby won't do it for alpha particles - they have to come from inside.
Dark matter then. Like dark chocolate, as suggested by an earlier
poster.  I keep being intrigued by the numerology here :
2 times 4 cores ..
4 Raid disks ..
8 reindeer ..
64 bit ..
it started a few days before Christmas (8 ?)..
That must be telling us something, we're just not smart enough yet to
figure it out.