tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:46:49 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>>> Subject: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown
>>>
>>> Feb 4, 2009 6:30:16 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
>>> startElement
>>> SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: <session-config> element
>>> is limited to 1 occurance
>>>           ^
>>> the correct word is occurrence.
>> The error exists in the current (6.0.18) version; the author is at least consistent,
since he misspelled it in three places.  The file in question is:
>>   org/apache/catalina/startup/WebRuleSet.java
>>
>> It's also misspelled in:
>>   javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_4.xsd
>> but at least there it's only in a :documentation tag.
>
> Fixed in trunk. Proposed for 6.0.x

Does that qualify me as a contributor now ?
After all, I spotted the bug, and proposed the patch.
I respectfully submit to the commitee that Chuck might also deserve a
mention, for having identified the precise areas affected by the bug.