tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Hokin <...@ims.net>
Subject Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request after restart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:08:25 GMT
Ron McNulty wrote:
> Hi Sam
>
> You jar - does it include any JSP tag files written as JSP fragments?
> There are known issues in this area. The dependency management seems to
> get confused, resulting in lots of unnecessary compilation of the .tag
> files

No, it doesn't, Ron.  But thanks for the heads-up on that.  The JAR just contains class files
for a couple of packages.
  And compilation occurs quickly; it's the loading of the compiled class that's taking forever,
even if they're already
compiled from a previous Tomcat run.  And, once the class is loaded (as indicated by the output
line from the
-verbose:class JVM option) execution is quick.  I've not been able to get any diagnostic to
indicate what's going on
during the interminable wait for pagename_jsp.class to load after the initial page request.