tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tom Cat in a VM as VMWARE or Red Hat Virtualization
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:24:38 GMT

I agree with Jorge - I run several Tomcats under VMware for both
production and development.

However it is worth noting that if you use the appropriate vmware tools
for your installation (vmware-guestd etc.) you get a significant
performance boost on network accesses which may well be important for
tomcat. (See vmxnet) YMMV.

Regards

Alan Chaney

Jorge Medina wrote:
> There are no issues on running Tomcat in a VM. Tomcat is unaware of where it is running.
>
> Performance depends on the host running your VM. If you compare a VM running application
A on host H compared to application A running directly on host H, you will notice that running
on the real server is faster. This is true for any application, not just Tomcat.