tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Internal Buffering with Jython
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:07:17 GMT
Hi Prashant

So the exact problem is that after your jsp page is called and the data
processed then the file is incomplete?
Presumably then you are using ordinary file I/O to write to this file?
If that's the case, then I think the answer to your original question is
"No - no internal buffer of tomcat is holding the data"

Tomcat's buffering is connected with processing servlet
request/responses and it doesn't seem that you are using the response
object to write your data to the output stream. I assume that you have
checked that all of the data is being read from the request by some
logging or debugging?

I would suspect that a file or stream is not being flushed/closed and
that when tomcat is stopped this flushing is happening because the
streams are being closed automatically.

Maybe you can create some unit tests which can help isolate this
problem. It may be either in your file writing code or in the way you
are using the jython libraries. Without seeing your code in detail its
difficult to be more helpful. I'd guess that you could take your core
logic and replicate the problem independently of tomcat.

One other point is that saving this file in the tomcat home directory
doesn't seem particularly elegant. You could use the default work
directory. I doubt that has any relevance to the problem

HTH

Alan