tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: starting and stoppping tomcat
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:49:47 GMT
My point below was that, to start Tomcat, you usually run a startup
script, as root.
If you want to do that via a html page, then your html page must have
something behind it - on the server - that runs as root to start Tomcat.
  That's not a good idea.

But basically this is besides the point.  As the other posters wrote,
what you need in your case is not to start and stop the whole Tomcat,
just to be able to start and stop /one application/ inside Tomcat.  Or
simply tell it whent it should be active (loading data in the database)
or not.