tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: starting and stoppping tomcat
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:17:57 GMT
I think you need to rethink your use cases here...

Exactly WHY do you need to start and stop tomcat from a button on a web
page?
Or do you really need to enable/disable some kind of function?

Generally speaking servers don't expect to be started or stopped by
their clients - well, ok, sometimes you can stop a service by a client
but almost by definition you can't start a service from a client...

Typically tomcat provides a way of processing requests received from
remote web clients and arranges for the requests to be processed by a
web application. Your application may have state which can be controlled
by the request. This shouldn't normally affect tomcat's normal operation.

HTH

Alan Chaney