tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Failed installing 'Tomcat5' service
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:26:21 GMT
boraldo wrote:
> Please help me with this problem.
>>>From this message I even can't understand what is going wrong.

Neither can we, unfortunately.  We're good, but not /that/ good.  That's
a bit short in terms of information.

You may want to have a look at the Windows Event logs, to see if there
is more information ?

A suggestion, if Windows Vista Home has a command-line window (I don't
even know if that's the case) :

- de-install the whole Tomcat package
- get a Java 1.6 JDK or JRE (if you don't already have it) and install it
- download the "zip" version of the Tomcat 5.5 (or better, 6) from the
Tomcat site http://tomcat.apache.org
(I repeat, the "zip" version, not the "service installer")
- create a directory c:\tomcat on your disk drive
- unzip the zip-file there
- open a command window, go to the c:\tomcat\bin directory, and type
"startup"

what hapens ?

And maybe if anyone ever tried to install Tomcat under Windows Vista
Home Basic, they can take over now ?