tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Cartwright <John.C.Cartwri...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: strange problem w/ connection pool and Oracle
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:53:30 GMT
Thanks to all who responded.  Chuck seemed to hit the nail on the head -
as soon as I removed the duplicate JDBC driver from the WEB-INF/lib, the
problem went away.  I didn't intend to have the duplicate driver there,
it was the result of omitting the <scope>provided</scope> in my
pom.xml.  However, I wouldn't have associated the strange looking class
cast exception w/ the different classloaders.

Thanks again for the help!

--john

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: John.C.Cartwright@noaa.gov [mailto:John.C.Cartwright@noaa.gov]
>> Subject: strange problem w/ connection pool and Oracle
>>
>> Cause: java.lang.ClassCastException: oracle.sql.STRUCT cannot
>> be cast to oracle.sql.STRUCT
>>

> This is a classic symptom of having a class file loaded by two different classloaders;
despite having the same names, they are not the same class, due to the different classloaders.

> Check your webapp's lib directory to see if there's a copy of the Oracle JDBC jar lurking
in there; you can't have it in the webapp if Tomcat is managing the connection pool for you.