tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: of the different methods to get a user-id
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:34:36 GMT
Personally -

I would expect
request.getRemoteUser() == request.getUserPrincipal().getName()

But there no literature which says that must be so. So in that absence
of that - you'll probably need a RemoteUserHackFilter to unify the
various behaviors and then you standardize on one model and
RemoteUserHackFilter would adapt to that.

-Tim