tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat as service on Windows Server 2003
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:00:09 GMT
monesseldeur wrote:
> Thank you both for the very comprehensible explanation.
>
> So I followed the steps awarnier suggested:
>
> (0) stopped banging the head and had a good cup of coffee =)

That was probably the most important part of the solution.

> So it's clear now the problem is starting the GUI-applications, and the
> program I use to print the pdf-files has a GUI (SumatraPdf). I'm using this
> alternative as Adobe Acrobat is opening windows each time it's printing a
> file, even from the commandline.
>
> Can I set the 'Interact with desktop' in another place? Or does someone has
> a solution to the problem with the GUI?

Not as far as I know.  Get another program, one which really has a
command-line mode without GUI.
Maybe the program you use has one. You need to consult the
documentation, and see if there is some command-line switch to run
"headless" or "Gui-less" or something like that.
There should be tons of programs on the web to print PDFs, I am sure one
of them would fit your needs.