tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat admin console problem
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:19:09 GMT
Srinivas Jonnalagadda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the "Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden" when i try
to access as http://192.168.0.10:8080/admin/. the admin app is deployed on a solaris machine
with tomcat 5.5.9 communicationg with Apache HTTP Server and using mod_jk connector. I copied
admin.xml to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost. Undommented the
tag and added allow 192.168.0.10 after 127.0.0.1. Copied the admin directory to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps.
Also i have the admin role with permission in the tomcat-users.xml fil. The http://192.168.0.10:8080/manager/html/
works perfectly though. Also though i am not using mod_jk and apache http server on a Windows
machine the Tomcat Administartion web application works perfectly. I changed the permissions
to admin directory and also sub directories on the solaris machine with chmod 777. Still i
get the access forbidden error.

> Any help as how to solve this is appreciated.

Probably the address filter. Try removing that temporarily to see if that fixes
it. If it does, copy the valve settings here and we'll take a look.

Mark