tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HelloWorld and NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:16:03 GMT
Gregor Schneider wrote:
> Hm, this answer has been given quite a few times recently - I guess it
> makes sens to put it on the FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ

That is a Wiki anyone can edit so go for it.

Mark

> Rgds
>
> Gregor
>
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
> <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> Indicative of a broken Tomcat installation, which is pretty typical with these 3rd-party
repackaged versions.  I strongly suggest you throw away that junk and install a real Tomcat
from tomcat.apache.org; this mailing list is littered with problem reports from attempted
use of non-standard Tomcat installations.  If you insist on using the package from Debian,
you'll need to consult whatever Debian support mechanisms there are.