tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: HttpSessionActivationListener problems
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:20:12 GMT
Last I checked the Tomcat source code neither activation nor passivation
listeners were ever called.

I believe I provided a patch for this but a glance at the source code
will make the issue rather obvious (it's not hard to find or understand).

[I'd provide a patch for this but we have a number of patches to this
particular area of source that overlap.  Others are of a bit more
controversial nature and I have not kept them separate.]

Jess Holle

Rui Pedro wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm implementing one tomcat cluster solution (tomcat 5.5-20). One of the
> things that I need to know is when the session jumps from one node to the
> other.
> I read that I can use the HttpSessionActivationListener listener to detect
> that type of occurence. To do so, I put one object in the users session that
> implements the HttpSessionActivationListener interface, the problem is that
> when I kill one of the clusters node the methods sessionDidActivate an
> sessionWillPassivate never occurr ...
> Is HttpSessionActivationListener supported by tomcat?
> Can you help me?
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Pereira

To unsubscribe, e-mail: