tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: configure tomcat to hide servlet and app
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:06:54 GMT
Steve,
if you don't know, at least refrain from inducing other people in error.
mod_jk is used when you have an Apache httpd in front of Tomcat, which
the OP never said he had.

bonzo_zg,
your question must have been asked and answered on this list about 100
times in the last 3 months.  Search the list for "ROOT webapp".
Also, you are providing too little information for anyone to help you
more precisely.
Generally speaking (but go find more precise info about this), you have
to delete the existing ROOT application, name yours "ROOT" and put it
where the other one was.

Now, I must admit : I just looked at the Tomcat 6.0 on-line
documentation, and that ROOT thing is not easy to find.
I have not found it yet; not in the FAQ either.