tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Internal server error - Apache
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:43:30 GMT
Randhir singh wrote:
> Thanks, for your answer. The error_log shows like the following:-
>
> Sun Feb  8 15:53:14 2009] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
> [Sun Feb  8 15:53:22 2009] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.6
> mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5 configured -- resuming normal operations
> [Sun Feb  8 15:56:13 2009] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
> [Sun Feb  8 15:56:22 2009] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.6
> mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5 configured -- resuming normal operations
>
> Please, help as my live environment is held up.

Dear Randhir,

Apart from the fact that you are polite and persistent, which are
redeeming qualities;

Apart from the fact that you seem to have taken on a job (or be given a
job) for which you lack the basic knowledge and qualification;

Apart from the fact that several people, on this list and Apache httpd's
list, have already told you that these lists were not a substitute for a
basic training on webservers, Apache, Tomcat and whatnot;

Apart from the fact that you have also been told a couple of times that
the right way to move Apache and Tomcat from one server to another was
not to simply copy all the directories over;

Apart from the fact that nobody, on this list or another, can give you a
"receipe" for moving Apache and Tomcat and applications from one server
to another, because this would still require basic knowledge that you do
not seem to have;

Apart from the fact that you anyway do not seem to listen to what people
are telling you, and ask the same kind of questions over and over;

Apart from the fact that the information you provide along with your
questions is generally insufficient to even start to answer them;

Apart from the fact that the above logfile looks like a perfectly normal
start of Apache, without errors of any kind;

Apart from the fact that we regret that your live environment is held
up, which is nobody's fault but yours;

Well apart from all that, you are on the wrong list, because your
logfile above is an Apache httpd logfile, and this is the Tomcat users
list.

Now independently of anything else, the fact that you would not even
know this, should show you that there is something rather fundamental
missing in your understanding of the issues; doesn't it ?

Or else, you are a consumate joker, and in that case I take it back, you
are really good at it.  But now maybe the time to end the joke, because
you are using up a lot of good people's time.