tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Windows Domain authentication with Vista (and Tomcat)
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 00:34:06 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
>> Subject: RE: Windows Domain authentication with Vista (and Tomcat)
>>
>> Even if you're not using the NTLM HTTP filter
>
> Are you using the current version of jCIFS?  Only 1.3 and above support NTLMv2.
>
> You may want to post your question on the jCIFS mailing list; Mike will likely want Wireshark
traces of the NTLMv2 negotiations if you do.

Many thanks for the info. I had completely overlooked the latest 1.3.1
version.  I did try the 1.3.0 and it didn't work, but I see now a
comment to the effect that it was broken for HTTP authentication (which
I do use). I'll go and try it again.
And I understand why Mike would want a Wireshark trace with that stuff.