tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:10:55 GMT

> Mohit,
>
> Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>> 1. Does apache read worker.properties dynamically? So if I change
>> worker.property would it be dynamically read by mod_jk.
>
> mod_jk will not reload the workers.properties file, but if you use a
> separate mappings file, and you have mod_jk version 1.2.20 or later, you
> can use the JkMountFileReload directive and have it reload that at
> intervals. See
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html for more
> details.

To avoid confusion: JkMountFilereload is for the JkMountFile not
JkWorkersFile (i.e. uriworkermap.properties instead of workers.properties).

Having a dynamic workers.properties would be nice too, but initalizing
the workers is much more deeper down in the stack, so doing it
dynamically is harder than just switching to a new mounting map.

Maybe some day ...

Regards,

Rainer