tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to create new native thread
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 00:17:11 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,
>
> André Warnier wrote:
>> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>> What about forwarding X through the tunnel instead?
>>>
>> You can't, because it is variable.
>
> If you forward the X connection, then Jconsole is running locally on the
> Tomcat server. So there should be no problem with tunneling because you
> are only tunneling the X connection, not the JMX ones.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something.

Yes. What you missed is that I understood your first "X" for being the
mysterious second unpredictable connection port which JConsole/JVM agree on.
Well, "X" sounded like that, didn't it ?
:-)

I have been put right about that by someone else already.

Not everyone agrees with that solution by the way, because the JConsole
may interfere with the JVM on the same system (specially on mine, seen
it has less RAM than Chuck's portable phone).
I'm giving the X-way a try though, using XMing (Gregor's suggestion).

There's an interesting other solution here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html

Seems one /can/ now fix that second port, which would allow it setting 2
tunnels beforehand, if I understand this correctly.