tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to create new native thread
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:15:22 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Peter Crowther wrote:
>>> From: André Warnier []
>>> using XMing as the X11 server (client?, I can never remember..).
>> Yeah, X's terminology is very counter-intuitive - I get comments of "you're kidding"
every time I teach it.  An X server serves out the keyboard, mouse and display.  X11 clients
connect to the X11 display server in order to display their output and get their input.
>> All of which means that you often use an X server running on your workstation or
"thin client" to connect to X client programs running on your application/web/... server.
> You might also want to look at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.JMXAdaptorLifecycleListener in
> Something similar also exists for 6.0.x
Thanks Mark.
That page is a bit obscure for someone like me not making Tomcat and
Java their main focus, but do I understand it correctly in that it would
mean that the variable second port connection would no longer be
variable, thus allowing JConsole to connect to it through 2 pre-created
SSH tunnels (as long as one inserts the indicated Listener element in
the server.xml of a Tomcat 5.5.25+ ) ?

(admittedly, some people might consider this question a bit obscure too)

As a secondary question, does the fact of adding such a Listener have
any discernable impact on Tomcat's performance (when JConsole is not in
use) ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message