tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to create new native thread
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:46:58 GMT
Peter Crowther wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> using XMing as the X11 server (client?, I can never remember..).
>
> Yeah, X's terminology is very counter-intuitive - I get comments of "you're kidding"
every time I teach it.  An X server serves out the keyboard, mouse and display.  X11 clients
connect to the X11 display server in order to display their output and get their input.

> All of which means that you often use an X server running on your workstation or "thin
client" to connect to X client programs running on your application/web/... server.

You might also want to look at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.JMXAdaptorLifecycleListener in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html

Something similar also exists for 6.0.x

Mark