tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: WEB-INF/classes vs WEB-INF/lib/classes.jar file
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:01:38 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> ignoring the maven fanatics, Tomcat's classloader searches  the
> WEB-INF/classes directory before the WEB-INF/lib/*.jar.  This means that it
> is sometimes nice to use WEB-INF/classes for a development server.  But for
> a production server you won't see much difference.

Sorry to butt in, but with I believe a question related to what the OP
was asking, and to the above :
Also ignoring the Maven and Ant fanatics (just quoting Bill's words), if
I have a webapp consistig of just a couple of classes and a
WEB-INF/web.xml config file, but this web.xml file contains some
parameters that are "each-client-dependent", and some customers are
insisting to receive the updates as a war file, how can I achieve that ?

Someone earlier here mentioned that you could put the settings in a file
outside the application, but that is not possible in this case, or is it ?