tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6: How to tell a Context/Webapp where to look for files?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 08:03:54 GMT
Steve Mysterious wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Tomcat:  6.0
> Tomcat Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
> OS:  Windows XP ( Windows 5.1 service pack 2 )
> Java:  JDK  1.6.0_10-beta
> Context/Webapp Name:  abcdev
>
> I'm using the above configuration to set up a development environment for
> myself.
>
> I used the very convenient and slick installer for Windows that
> automatically sets up a service for me with a useful control interface in my
> system tray.

Hi.
Since you apparently just started with this, may I make a recommendation
that will probably save you a lot of grief later ?
De-install your Tomcat, using the same very convenient installation
package, and re-install it with the same convenient package, but to a
directory without spaces in the names, like C:\Tomcat6.
The Service and so on will work just as well, but this will at the very
least save you a lot of quoting, and at best avoid spending time later
figuring out why this or that doesn't work as you expect.