tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: running tomcat with root user.....umask in jsvc?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:47:46 GMT
epicwinter@hotmail.com wrote:
> You are correct, I found a setting that relaxes the group access permissions on the jailkit.

> Now I just have one more problem.  When tomcat creates files in these user directories
I need the permissions to be set appropriately.  What is the best way to set the umask value
when running tomcat using jsvc?

That's a good question.
I don't think jsvc would take any account of the Tomcat user's .profile
file.
ACLs would allow you to do that however :-)
(Seriously, I believe you can set an ACL on the target directory that
would make it so that when this particular user (Tomcat) creates a file
there, it has by default a given set of permissions).
Otherwise, you might have to do some kind of chmod from within your
webapp itself, after it creates the file. I don't know what Java method
that would be.